George Butler Keen - Vintage straight razor

Απάντηση
Άβαταρ μέλους
LokiDK
Νήπιο
Νήπιο

Hello everyone! First of all I want to apologize for writing in English but even if I live in Greece I don't know Greek so well yet. Last Sunday I bought a vintage razor, George Butler Keen, in Plateia Avissynias. It is my first straight razor, I've been using safety razors and shavette so far. I would like to know if there is someone in Athens that can sharpen it, as I don't have the rocks. I leave also a picture of the razor right after I bought it.
Εικόνα
Thanks to anyone who will help!
Absque labore nihil
Άβαταρ μέλους
SrTv
Δημοτικό
Δημοτικό

Good evening @LokiDK and welcome. The razor is from a reputable manufacturer and has a real ivory scales! It is a worn razor and there is not much scope for repeated honing.
If no other forum member can help you, I could help you with that. And a question (if you'll allow me). What was the razor's purchase price?
Άβαταρ μέλους
LokiDK
Νήπιο
Νήπιο

@SrTv I noticed that honing can be difficult as it's pretty worn by now but I could still keep it just for collection. It was just 45 euros!
In case you could help me out with it I would really appreciate it.

Added in 1 day 12 hours 54 minutes 38 seconds:
I've seen that tze.gr can hone razors. Has anyone ever had their razors honed by them
Absque labore nihil
Άβαταρ μέλους
vsmirnios
Γυμνάσιο
Γυμνάσιο

LokiDK έγραψε: 01 Δεκ 2022, 19:14 Hello everyone! First of all I want to apologize for writing in English but even if I live in Greece I don't know Greek so well yet. Last Sunday I bought a vintage razor, George Butler Keen, in Plateia Avissynias. It is my first straight razor, I've been using safety razors and shavette so far. I would like to know if there is someone in Athens that can sharpen it, as I don't have the rocks. I leave also a picture of the razor right after I bought it.
Εικόνα
Thanks to anyone who will help!
Good morning, I have the same razor with black handle, it can be honed if you are interesting, I live in Elefsina. I will be glad to help you.
Ordo ab chao
Απάντηση

Επιστροφή στο “Περιποίηση των straight razors”